5 Things You Can Do Right Now to Generate More Referrals for Your HVAC Business
How would you like to DOUBLE the repair and replacement jobs you get through marketing within 2 weeks?
We work with an HVAC company who does exactly that with their referral generation techniques.
Here's what we learned from them.
Most companies focus on asking for referrals, and offering discounts & deals for people who give them referrals. Well this works to extent, what we've found works even better is simple.
The big secret?
Show customers, over and over again, how much you appreciate referrals.
It sounds simple and vague, but when you understand human nature, and put the right things in place, you'll understand why this is important.
People need to be constantly reminded of what you want and how much something means to you. Customers are NOT... I repeat, customers are NOT going to give you a referral as a result of a technician reluctantly mumbling "tell your friends about us."
Well, not a lot anyways!
In order for customers to feel good about referring to you, you need to HAMMER it in their minds how important referrals are to you and bring it up over and over again.
Here are 5 quick things you can do TODAY that will accomplish this and PERMENANTLY increase your referrals.
Here’s what you do:
1. Add a line about referrals on email signatures for everyone in the company. E.g. "We Believe Referrals are The Highest Honor a Company Can Receive From Their Customers. Thank you!"
2. Add a similar line about referrals on your website.
3. On your CSR scripts, add a line when a new customer calls. The CSR should ask "Who referred you?" If no one referred them, say "Okay, great! Well I'm glad that ___ other marketing source___ is working for us. I just wanted to check because most of our customers are referrals!" (If that's not true, obviously don't say it. Figure something else out that gives you an excuse to bring up referrals
4. Have your techs set reminders on their phone to talk about referrals. "You know your neighbor, Bill? Yeah he has been awesome for our company! He has sent us so many referrals!"
5. If you have automatic scheduling software, throw in a line about referrals and how much they mean to you in the event description.
Make up your mind to get in the habit of saying "We love referrals." If any customers volunteer that they can get you referrals - don't let that slip! Get EXCITED ABOUT IT and show them how appreciated that would be! Don't mumble "oh, thanks."
Time to grow your business! Put these action steps in place and you will notice a difference.